Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ata drives and nw3 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebear

MIS
Apr 18, 2000
US
I have a new IBM computer with a 10 gig ata ide hard drive, i can't get any .dsk to work properly. Has anyone experienced this problem, I need quick help, please.

Unfortunately, Novell 3 does not support ATA drives as well as you would expect.<br>I think the most you can format a volume for is 8GB, providing you have the correct<br>CMOS settings and drivers. Even then, SCSI is really the way to go. It may cost<br>a little more, but it saves time and works better. <p>David J. Aller<br><a href=mailto:GoTech@GoTechnologiesInc.com>GoTech@GoTechnologiesInc.com</a><br><a href= Computer Systems & Networking Services</a><br> I try to share some of my knowledge and experience with others, and also have picked-up many<br>
tips from reading other postings.<br>
If you have any questions or comments, please email.

Hi there,

How could you solve your problem?
We're going to re-build our 3.12 on a new PC with two 30Gb ATA-100 IDE Hard Disks. Do you have any advice? Thanks!

As another post try TID 10020227. That suggests you can get over the 8gig limit. Lee Smith
Xenon Network Services
Snr. Technical Support
LSmith@xenon-uk.co.uk

TID 10020227 explains the 8gig limit.
But the link to the solution &quot;IWSP6.EXE&quot; is not working.
Has someone a working link ? Or has someone that patch ?

thanks
Andre

You can use old isadisk.dsk to load yr disk. it works fine.
check it out. From:
Apoorva Gala
You can mail me at apoo1972@rediffmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back