Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AT&T Pt to Pt T-1 (DS-0 CH 24 as a 64K data Ckt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old31V

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2004
US
Does anyone see an issue with running the PBX CMS data across a point to point T-1 on the 24 ch (64K). Of course the T-1 would be dropped and inserted via an Adtran TSU120 w/ Router option module to isolate the 24 ch off of the T-1.

Thanks in advance.

KG

I think you just need to set the Point to Point to PRI with DCS.

The CMS to PBX link is X.25 protocol and runs in a synchronous data mode.

Kevin

4AmerAvaya is correct. You have to off the Adtran and then into a data module. The only gotya I see is the connection between the Adtran's and the data modules. You could run into DCE/DTE issues.

Hope this makes sense
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Question, if the current connection is TCP/IP from the PBX CLAN through the corperate LAN, across the corporate WAN to the LAN segment at the distant end where the CMS Server resides; why would a data module be needed?

Sorry: I thought the link was still X.25. If the CMS is IP I see no reason to peal a DS0 off a T1. Wouldn't the IP network route it to where it needs to go?

ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

It does, but it's Frame Relay. In short, not all packets reach the CMS server. Thus, the BCMS via the PBX says one thing, and the CMS reports another.

Is there a way for you to put "class of service" on the CMS to PBX link? If so give this port a high COS. Or peal the DS0 connect it to routers on both ends and ONLY place the CMS and PBX on this "so called subnet". Otherwise I'm stumped.

Hope this works
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

That is exactly what I plan to do. My initial question was directed more toward the use of a point to point DS-0. (AT&T is carrier).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back