Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

At Home Agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

td1031

MIS
Apr 5, 2006
US
Anyone doing at home acd agents? What pieces are involved? We are looking at expanding our call center to at home agents. We currently have an option 11 with an ITG card. I need to know what would need to be added and an overview of how it all works. Also what are the pitfalls.

the expense is the big thing.. we had to add a special interface box, two analog cards and two digital card, and a 2 new pris for 24 agents... worked great, agents took the modem style box home, pressed one key (i programed a did to a single port. then the 3905 came up.. i couldn't tell any difference in the voice quality but i had house calls that required a visit.. users with verison had problems if they were on the net at the same time.. real bad clipping.. some users had cutoff's due to distance from the remote..etc.. you will save money in the long run but the setup cost can look a little high..

the reason for all the cards.. one did to call into for the agent, another pri for acd callers.. an digital to program the set at home..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I use it with i2050 softphone with Symposium. Everything works fine if the internet line have enough bandwith. I use 600k at least for good result with data transmitting for pop-up screen with customer datas

I have some experience with telstrat they make a card that records calls and puts it on an FTP site.

I think we will go the soft phone route using IP for the AT home agents

that's way cheaper and years ahead of analog dial up.. the company i put that one in for moved hundreds on agents home. because of massive gov contracts they could not use the net for data or voice.. dsl and voip would have been a better choice... but i don't have a (??) million dollar a month goverment contract

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back