Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AT Command 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoiceonData

Technical User
Jun 12, 2007
GB
Hello,

I believe that there is a at command to find a password of a old system

does anybody know it ???

Regards

voiceondata

There is not such a command.

If you have a old config then open it in a manager 3.0 or older and use a revealer to read the password.
If you do not have a old config then there is no way of retrieving the password.

you can do a security reset through hyperterm, let me see if i can find the exact command...

Procedure: Defaulting Security Settings
This process defaults the IP Office's security settings but does not alter its configuration settings.

1. Attach the serial cable between the PC and the DTE port on the IP Office control unit.

2. Start the terminal program on your PC. Ensure that it has been setup as listed in DTE Port Settings. Within a HyperTerminal session, the current settings are summarized across the base of the screen.

3. Enter AT (note upper case). The control unit should respond OK.

4. Enter AT-SECURITYRESETALL.

5. You will be prompted to confirm the control unit's MAC address before continuing. Enter the address.

6. The control unit will respond OK when the action has been completed.

7. Close the terminal program session.

8. Manager can now be used to receive and edit the control unit's now defaulted security settings.

oops, sorry, i must have been a minute slower... no problem. did that work for you?

No unfortunatley not

It was a old 403 on 1.4 software

thought the best thing to do was to cover it petrol and set light to it :)

they will have to upgrade and now is a good time

voiceondata

try the following from a dos box:

tftp -i <IP adderss> get config test.cfg

see what happens, maybe you will receive the config

cheers

Another thought, connect DeltaServer 5.2.x to the IPO. Enable e-mail messages from deltaServer to your mail account and include the config in case of a error.
Create a error in IPO.
You will have a config to open and snadboy the password...

Avaya has some security work to do here.....

@intrigant:
Very smart idea. the tftp command only works when the system password is the default 'password'. The deltaserver option works even with different passwords.

You don't have to create an alarm there is even a 'test e-mail' button!

if the system is still running then open the manager (the correct version) and instead of the password to retrieve the config leave it blank and just hit enter, it will retrieve the config and then you can reveal the password.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

if the system is still running then open the manager (the correct version) and instead of the password to retrieve the config leave it blank and just hit enter, it will retrieve the config and then you can reveal the password
Only if the password is default (in which case you know what it is)...

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

intrigrant

That one really helped me out of a hole today.

If I could, I'd give you another star

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

I can use some stars... i almost fell out of the MPV list.

i am glad it was helpfull.

If the system password is defaulted, via the DTE, when a current config is reloaded, is the default password overwritten? In other words, would I need to recreate the config manually if I default the password? Snadboys Revealer, as described, didn't seem to work form me.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back