Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AT&T Transfer Connect on a Definity G3si

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2005
US
AT&T activated xfer connect on a toll free number, but I have been unable to get it to work. I recorded the *8 in an announcement and use the "collect digits after announcement xxxx" command then the "route to number with coverage" command in a vector. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this to work? Is there an easier way to program? Thanks in advance.

It only works if you record the *8 tone from an analogue phone from my experiences

When you invoke transfer connect with the *8 the network will place the caller on hold and expects to receive the telephone number to redirect to. This being the case, you cannot collect the digits from the customer because they are on hold.

How many different places are you trying to allow the customer to transfer to? If only a couple you may want to create a menu and then play an announcement that has the *8 and telephone number stored in it.

The problem was with AT&T and not the programming. Thanks to all for helping out, I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back