Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AT&T T1 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokkena

IS-IT--Management
Dec 19, 2007
US
We have an AT&T T1 line that has serious errors every day causing internet outages in our office. One repair tech told me that the wires from our demarc to a junction box that connects to the CO have been damaged. We've had multiple repair tech come out only to try a different pair of wires that don't work well. I need some advice on how to resolve this. Should I get lawyers involved for them not living up to the 99.99% uptime agreement?
Should I get a fiber line? (Anyone know good fiber providers in Chicago?)
Can I get them to run a new bundle of wires from the demarc to the junction box?

Thanks in advance.

Get a hold of your account rep.
They can sometimes make things happen.

Hold them to their SLA and don't back down.

It wouldn't hurt to get quotes from other ISPs.
Tell your account rep about the other (hopefully cheaper) quotes and threaten to switch.

MCSE CCNA CCDA

Typically, their SLA does not include the local loop (your service from the Central Office to your building). Check yours but that's typically the case.

In reality, constant escalation higher and higher is your best bet (becoming a needle in their side), but if that's not worth your time, switching ISP's often works well. We've found that by switching providers, we can often negotiate that into the new contract that if there is an issue with the wires to the junction box, then they'll fix it or not hold you to the contract.

Our company sells every provider and we'd be happy to send you comparison quotes.

http://www.aerocominc.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back