Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AT&T Merlin Plus question. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankch95

IS-IT--Management
Aug 25, 2013
US
Hello everybody I am new to this site, and I would like to know if anybody can answer a couple of questions about the AT&T merlin plus? I would like to know if on the Merlin Plus system when pressing the pound key, with a Voice Terminal, does the key have to be pressed twice in order to generate a tone from that key because when it is pressed once the key does not generate a tone unlike other keys that only have to be pressed once in order to generate a tone. Thanks in advance and I am looking forward into talking with other members!!

The # button is also used for speed dial, so to generate the # tone to the outside world, you indeed need to press it twice to send 1 #.

Thanks a lot! I have other merlins but, I just got the Merlin Plus, and have not been able to play with all the features yet and noticed that.

OMG a Merlin Plus! haven't seen one of those for a decade!
Just a thought, since they are dirt cheap now..

Get a Legend processor for it and you'll gain many additional features and be able to use portions of the Windows GUI SPM for programming.

Use at least a release 3 Legend(6.1 would be best), so that it has a PCMCIA slot available for Backing up system. You could bring it all the way to 6.1 without issues and using the existing station/trunk cards.

There is no way to migrate the database from the Merlin plus to Legend.
You would have to setup new from scratch.. (not a bad thing ya know!)

MrTelecom1
Re-Living the AT&T/Lucent/Avaya issues since 1979!

Yeah its a Merlin Plus, I also have a Merlin 206 those things are pretty tough units they last a long time. Are Merlins known for that? Also whats the longest you guys have seen one last?

The Legend system was/is a Rock, just like it's big Bro DEFINITY.
I have legends that I installed in 1995 still running .. I try to get em to update but they dont wanna change whats not broke and does the job...

Legends are as easy to program as the Merlin Plus.. and lots more
functionality if you slap the 6.1 in there. There is a R7, but there were restraints and module flashing sometimes required depending on whats in your cabinet.

I dont know about everyone else, but My Orange 6.1 Forced install Flashcard got used more than any other! Probably because it could be used on all the processors back to the initial release of R3, not to mention the Dud loads of R7 that had issues .., downgrading solved the problem everytime if existing hardware allowed for it without sacrificing anything the customer truly needed.

MrTelecom1
Re-Living the AT&T/Lucent/Avaya issues since 1979!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back