Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AT&T Merlin 7318H Display Console Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpanzer

Vendor
Jan 11, 2008
US
Hello all,

I’ve come across an AT&T Merlin Display (7318H) console phone. It is in very great shape, but did not come with a power supply. I have a Merlin Legend system I’d like to try and use it with but need an external PSU to drive the phone.

There’s a 5-pin DIN connector on the bottom of the phone for power. I’m used to the Definity PSU’s that inject 48VDC on pins 7-8 but pins 7-8 are obviously used differently in Merlin. Would anyone happen to know the pinout of the 5-pin DIN? I would imagine it’s more than likely either 48VDC or 16VAC but I don’t want to make any wiring assumptions and blow the phone out of the water. I can easily wire a connector to an external PSU but I’m having a hard time finding any spec sheets or install documents for the phone that might have it in there.

Thank you in advance!

1_aaba0o.jpg
2_kzxus0.jpg

Hi, I'm running the same console on my Legend (rel 7). While I couldn't find any information on the pinouts, the power unit (AT&T model 345D) shows outputs as 5 VDC 1.2 ADC - in case the picture isn't clear.

Thank you, this was very helpful! I was able to find one for sale so I went ahead and bought it. I appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back