Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AT&T 5ESS ISDN 8510 config

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyset6

Technical User
Sep 7, 2007
US
I never thought in my career I'd work on a 5ESS switch! Of course it's being phased out. but many lines are still in use.

I'm not expecting many here have worked on the system - but there's very little information out there on the 5ESS so I thought I'd give it a shot here. I'm trying to figure out how to do 2 things. One is to have the 2nd line appearance of an 8510's phone ring when the 1st is in use. I can see in view 23.22 the 2nd line on sets that do ring is preceded by PU, where on those that they don't ring, and the call goes to voicemail, the line appearance in position 2 is preceded by PO. I assume O is outgoing only.

Also in that same view 23.22, I can see feature keys. Other commands, such as 22.21u will allow a change, the 'u' meaning update. Entering 23.22u will cause an a message to display that the Update function is unavailable, and will revert to Review mode. So I wonder how does one modify the PO to a PU, and remove or change an existing feature? I was able to do this years ago with the same phone, actually and Avaya 8510, but used with an AT&D Definity PBX, of course a whole different configuration method.

I did comparisons of various screenshots in the 5ESS, didn't see anything else that would dictate the setting of PU or PO for the lines.

I found out the settings to enable busy call forwarding are in 23.8. I didn't see a way to delete the original post.

Best to do what you just did, update it with a resolution!
Thanks

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I'm glad you concur - sometimes we're left wondering how someone made out when the OP stops posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back