Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AT&T 321 Area Codes Orlando, FL

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekfree

Technical User
Dec 1, 2010
US
IP Office 406v2, running R4.2(11). Customer is located in Orlando, FL, local area code to the office is 407. However, area code 321 is also local. Current T1-PRI service provider is AT&T.

Issue, randomly and intermittently, customer cannot call 321 area codes. AT&T will block the call.

T1-PRI in the IP Office has been provisioned as:

1) Switch Type: DMS 100 (it was NI2 but I changed it after experiencing all these issue trying to find a solution)
2) Provider: AT&T
3) Framing: ESF
4) Zero Suppression: B8ZS
5) Channels set to: Call by Call

I have verified most all of this with AT&T and it all checks out, yet we are still getting outbound intermittent calling issues. I am pulling AT&T into yet another conference call to see if we can get resolution.

Previously, when I had set the Switch Type to: NI2, AT&T told me that they wanted to see a '1' before every local call to 321. So I changed the ARS to insert a 1 before sending the 321 and that didn't work.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this. This appears to be somewhat unreal.

FYI - I have a shortcode in my ARS as:

Code: 321N;
Feature: Dial
Telephone Number: 321N
Line Group ID: 5 (that's my PRI)

Thoughts anyone?

You could try and get the switch onto the latest r5 and then try again.

Not coming from the US, thats about all I can offer!

ACSS - SME

I may have to resort to doing that.

Thank you.

I am also aware of Avaya IP Office Global Tech Tip 212 regarding 'Unknown Numbering Plan'.

Customer is running R4.2(11)which is not R4.1 or R4.2(4) as identified in the Tech Tip.

Regardless, I have added the No User source number syntax to the customer's switch.

Still no luck.

Two things you can try involves the number sent. Modify your ARS to send out a valid did number and set the number plan to national by inserting a "i" into the string.

So if a valid did number is 3213456789 then modify all ARS TN entries to be NSi3213456789

Great idea. Will try and let you know.

I don't have any POTS (analog) lines. Just one PRI.

I would agree with Cargoski, ATT might not be allowing the call due to not recognizes where the call is originating from. Add the NSi plus valid telephone number and that may be all they need.

A couple of things you might want to check: make sure you have a valid CID for your outgoing calls, then check your ARS format for NPA 407 and 321. See the following links to the NANPA site for that info: and here:
You may have to cut & paste the links. Florida's dialing format shows 10D for local calls and 1+10D for toll calls...

....JIM....

AT&T told me yesterday that due to 'Unknown Dialing Plan' and 'National Numbering Plan' that their rate centers treat calls differently based on Local and Local Toll. Since customer has no idea to either dial a '1' or not before a 321 area code (which is local) then the central office needs to do it.

It appears that at AT&T their translations people have to get in and fix their routing/translations.

I have tried setting the PRI in the IP Office to NI2, to DMS100 (since that is the actual CO switch) and to no avail, same issues. Even by putting the Nsi information in the ARS table.

It appears that the issue is on AT&T's end. When it is finally fixed, I will post what they did.

Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back