Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASUS TI4400 CRASHES IN OPENGL AND D3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEMANDRED

Technical User
Jun 22, 2003
GB
I HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH GAMES,ALL D3D AND OPENGL GAMES ARE CRASHING SHORTLY AFTER STARTUP, ALL I GET IS A MULTICOLOURED SCREEN. MY SYSTEM IS AS FOLLOWS

ATHLON 2000XP+
1.2GB 333 DDR RAM
JETWAY V333DA MAINBOARD
ASUS V8440TD TI4400 128MB NVIDIA GRAPHICS CARD
SEAGATE 40GB HARDDRIVE ATA133
MAXTOR 120MB HARDDRIVE ATA 133
WINDOWS XP HOME BUILD 2600 WITH SERVICE PACK 1
AUDIGY SOUNDCARD
DIRECTX 9

IVE TRIED ALL PERMITATIONS OF DRIVERS AND SETTING IN THE OPENGL AND D3D SETTINGS FOR MY GRAPHICS CARD, BUT TO NO AVAIL, ANY HELP WOULD BE GRATEFULLY RECIEVED.

Are you sure its the graphics card thats messed up? Have you tried another one?
And do you have to reboot after your "multicolored screen"? Or is the gamne the only thing that crashes and Win XP survives?

its ok, i sussed it out, it seems that if you write some codecs over prevoius versions in xp it interfers with the detonator drivers somehow, everything seems to be working for the time being anyway

it seems that the problem has returned for some reason, i have tried everything, i cantt seem to find the problem. after reformatting everything is ok for a few days and then it all locks up again.

Hi
Are you getting any error codes/reports ?
Hag

Did you tweak your videocard, it sure sounds like a overclocked gpu, only thing you can do is go back to the store , and get a new one.

I hope you didn't tweak it, otherwise you can say "bye, bye" to your waranty.

mmm this might very well be the answer to my problem.
Whenever I started a D3D game shut it down and start any other other D3D game my PC would reset. I did however install some new codecs not long ago. :) tyty :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back