Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asus TI4200 V9280 GF4 Driver Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lvcoyote

Technical User
Apr 13, 2003
US
Hi Guys,
Having problems installing drivers on this card. When I first installed the card the "found new harware wizard" comes up and WindowsXP does NOT load the default drivers. In other words XP does not recognize the card. I cancelled out of the wizard and installed the 43.45 drivers which I downloaded from Nvidia. After rebooting the "found new hardware" wizard again popped up asking for drivers. Its like when I install the latest drivers they are not finding my card. An Asus CD came bundled with the card that has drivers on it and when I use the CD the drivers load fine and work. After installing the drivers from the bundled CD, I tried loading the 43.45 again, did not take......same version of driver shows in device manager that is on bundled CD.

Couple things I noticed:
1. When installing the 43.45 driver a Nvidia folder is created on my C drive and all the driver files are put in there, which is normal I know.

2. When I use the bundled CD to load the drivers no such Nvidia folder is created on my C drive.

What the heck am I doing wrong here? Every other Nvidia based Graphics card I have owned was easily updated by just downloading the latestest driver and installing it.

Signed,
Dazed and Confused!!

Lvcoyote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back