Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASUS TF201 Tablet will not Charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

teckachick

Technical User
Feb 26, 2015
US
I have a TF201 tablet that has some problems. The main problem is that it will not charge. I plug it in and it doesn’t read that there is a connection.

I thought it might be a problem with the charger. I purchased a spear that works and it still would not charge. I powered it down and plug it in. when I push the plug into the dock it turns the tablet on but it still read that nothing is connected so I am uncertain if plugging it in is just triggering an event.
I saw a youtube video on how to repair your tablet and they said to reseat the battery from the main board.. I opened the tablet and I reseated the power connector in the tablet. I still have the same problem it will not charge.

I think I have the problem narrowed down to either the battery or the main board in the tablet. If it’s the battery I can have it replaced. If it’s the mainboard Does anyone know what part on the board that is causing this so I can have it replaced or repaired?

This is going to sound weird, but, I have an Asus TF301, and sometimes when I plug in the cable to charge it, it doesn't register the battery is charging, but if I unplug the cable at the charger, and plug it back in, it then does a fast charge and the battery charging registers correctly. And if that doesn't work, it may be a damaged connector for the charging port, Internal to the tablet. this can be replaced without replacing the mainboard.

I didn't check the connectors. it is possible that it might be the cause. I will purchase a connector for the tablet and when I get it I will let you know if it works.

Thanks [smile]

Hey,
can you check the connectors, maybe if you know some electrition he can measure charger and see if provides power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back