Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asus P4SE Sound Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcboy1

Technical User
Dec 6, 2002
CA
I reformated my hard drive installed Xp and I have no sound now. I have C-Media 5.1 5200 connected to the on board sound card and I cannot get any sound out of the speakers. When I go into control panel and look there it say there is sound device connected. I found the drives at Asus site how do I install them properly

Thanks

well, since you already know the make of your sound device, why not download its updated driver from the web and install it by simply running it? or if you still have your cd rom that came with your audio hardware, it is much easier to install the driver from there.

hope this helps. peace! [peace]

kilroy [trooper]
philippines

"Illegitimis non carborundum!"

The C-Media sound drivers from Microsoft don't work. Put the original drivers back in. I've tried the "updated" drivers twice now, and both times the install "broke" my sound. I've since marked the update site to ignore the audio driver updates.

Ok
Thanks The problem I am having is I go to the driver downloads, download the drivers and NOTHING HAPPENS. Where am I suppose to download the drivers to on my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back