Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASUS Motherboard P5e won't POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolseley

Technical User
Sep 26, 2007
AU
Hi
I have got ASUS Motherborad P5e,,,,yesterday it did POST today it did not work.

I can see SB LED lights up in green color

I removed all cards and RAMs and HD,,,,only CPU left, and shorted the pin for POWER SW,,,still noting worked, CPU fan wouldn't spin at all.

Unplugged the power supply cable that is hooked to motherboard and hooked it again

If the motherboard SB LED lights up, the power supply is almost certainly working.

Another test I did try this power supply on my old PCs (i.e another motherboard) and its fan and the CPU fan both of them span.

PSU is BESTA PT-550W

Is there any other troubleshooting should I consider ?

Thanks

It's either the power supply or the motherboard. Don't assume the PS is okay if a light turns on on the motherboard. Borrow a power supply and hook it up with your motherboard OUT of the case as you have it now and see if there is any difference.

Power supplies can cause weird behavior - never trust them.

Borrow a power supply and hook it up with your motherboard OUT of the case as you have it now and see if there is any difference.
I did borrow SHAWN 720 Max power supply and I hooked it to ASUS motherboard light turn on , but no POST at all.

Take out all the memory and see if it gives you the "I don't have any memory" series of beeps. If not, it's looking bad.

The last thing you can do before saying it's dead would be to find the CMOS reset jumper and totally reset the BIOS to defaults.

It doesn't sound good.

The last thing you can do before saying it's dead would be to find the CMOS reset jumper and totally reset the BIOS to defaults.
I did.

Did you take the motherboard out of the case as Goombawaho suggested? It's important to try this as it's possible for a rogue bolt, etc., to roll and lodge under the board when it's in the case.

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Did you take the motherboard out of the case as Goombawaho suggested? It's important to try this as it's possible for a rogue bolt, etc., to roll and lodge under the board when it's in the case
it is dead motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back