Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asus motherboard Intel chipset and Nvidia chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanua

Technical User
Sep 26, 2005
US
I have been using asus motherboard intel chipsets for servers and some lasted over 6 years and wanted to buy a motherboard but is Nvidia chipset and wanted to know if some one knows much about this new south bridge nvidia chipset.

You probably would get more answers if your posted the model of the motherboard and chipset in question.

MCITP:Server Administrator
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator
MCITP:Virtualization Administrator 2008 R2
Certified Quest vWorkspace Administrator

ASUS P5N-D MOTHERBOARD ATX nFORCE 750i SLI LGA 775 SOCKET UDMA 133, SATA -300 (RAID) GIGABIT ETHERNET-FIREWIRE-HD AUDIO (8CHANNEL)

That's not a new chipset or board. LGA775 is a dying socket. This model from Asus is 2 years old. In the beginning it had some issues with some memory dimms, and people complained about the placement of the sata ports. Read online reviews, and check the Asus compatibility page for the components before buying. Also check what procs it supports, and what they have fixed in the bios releases. As for the nvidia 750i chipset it is okay. If you want SLI it is one of the only options in LGA775 socket.

By the way any asus mobo one can think of which users have good recommendation.

P5N-D is one of the highest rated boards from Asus, especially if you want SLI in a 775 socket. If you don't need or want SLI but still need the 775 socket the P5Q SE is a good choice. If you can afford to go to socket 1156 this is a new board that the reviews have been great on. ASUS P7P55 WS SuperComputer with NF200 LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard, priced @ 199 at newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back