Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASUS M2N-E SLI motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

frelaxx

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2004
US
My power supply died and I bought a replacement power supply. The one I had was a 450W which I couldn't find at my local PC store so I got a 500W one instead. I installed it in the machine and connected the connectors where I had removed the failed one from. When I power up the PC I get 3 beeps and no POST, the beeps are one single followed by 2 together. (beep pause then beep beep) Can anyone help me with this?

Is your video card power cable connected? All connectors to the mainboard (4-pin, 8-pin etc.)? Make sure all cards and connectors are firmly seated.

I had a similar incident, here's how I solved it: Turn the PSU's I/O switch off. Remove the power cable from the wall/power strip. Remove the battery (coin-size, shiny, round) from the mainboard. Press and hold the case's or mainboard's power switch for 30-45 seconds. Reverse the process and give it a go.

There is a possibility your PSU took the video card with it or the old video card burned out the PSU, or it could be a defective new PSU (seen that happen more than once). Try another video card or PSU if you have or can get one.

Tony

Users helping Users...

One long beep followed by 2 short beeps is a memory issue on the ASUS M2N-E SLI motherboard not a video. Found the memory issue and corrected it and I am working now. Thanks to everyone for their responses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back