Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASUS ExpertBook B1 B1500 - Are they good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiago Delmonte

IS-IT--Management
Nov 23, 2021
ES
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums. I'm an IT technician and cybersecurity analyst for Serhs Distribucio, a food and drinks distribution company in Spain.

Our company is looking to update some of the laptops we use. All HP Probook from 3-6 years ago. All with i3 or i5, 250gb SSDs and 8gb of RAM. We are looking for something similar in terms of hardware, but reliable, resistant and that can endure some "challenges", as some of our salesmen (and saleswomen) are a bit rude, so we are looking for something that will last and won't break very easily. With that in mind, I've been doing some research on laptops and found this model of ASUS. I saw they have aluminium case, lots of USB ports, and a pretty good screen-body relation, so...

My questions are: Has any of you used this model of laptops ASUS? Are they good? Are they reliable? And resilient?

Thanks in advance for your help on this matter

I was checking out Asus and they seem like a good PC. learn more about asus I'm interested in customizing the Z81-SP series.

What's the general opinion on Asus, are they good, bad, etc...?

Good specs for the money but from what I have seen the build is not as stout and HP's Dells and Lenovo's. Also from my limited experience with them usually the drive bays (yes, laptops can have multiple drive bays)and expandable stuff is mostly maxed out. Depends on how much abuse you give a laptop and what you need for cpu memory and other hardware requirements if the brand/model would be worth it.

I don't think I've ever seen an Asus that I would consider business class.

For what it's worth :

Personal account. I am a programming consultant, freelance since 2012. I have just replaced (a month ago) my HP laptop with an Asus ROG Strix 17.

Why did I choose that model ? First and foremost : keyboard backlighting. Next : humongous 17" screen. As a developer, I need screen real estate - it's not just a status symbol. Finally, the 1TB SSD is not a luxury. Neither are the 32GB of RAM.

The hardware works fine, the keyboard is a pleasure to use (especially since I've reached the age where glasses are now mandatory for reading), and the whole is responsive. Not yet bogged down by cruft, I imagine, and I'm going to try to keep it that way.

Personally, I'm happy with that purchase.

I've got nothing to hide, and I demand that you justify what right you have to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back