Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASUS E-608 DVD reading issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbunyon

Technical User
Feb 9, 2005
US
I have the above optical drive that will read most dvd's but it seems with newer dvd format it is not recognizing some discs. Example: Burn to dvd from my laptop all my Mexico cruse pictures for nephew, when he put in above dvd it does not read/recognize. Put in his fathers pc and works fine. Had similar issue with newer game (obiliviean?)nephew wanted to install, it's a dvd and it would not work properly due to video card requirements I suspect as it loaded but playing was way outa wack. I can not reproduce on another pc. Should I update this drive from the manufactures site or are some older dvd's not able to read the newer multi-layered formats?
Thanks

Paul

Some older DVD drives will not read DVD's that you have recorded yourself. You could try getting a firmware update for the drive, This may help. If not get a new drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back