Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asterisk to Nortel No Voice until keypress

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottbmilne

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2009
US
I have an Asterisk server running behind a Nortel Option 11c connected from a Nortel TMDI to Digium card in Asterisk Server.

LEC => PRI => Option 11C => Asterisk

All works perfectly EXCEPT when dialing from SIP phone on Asterisk side to a DN on the Option 11c. When I dial from x2222 (SIP soft phone) to x3333 (Nortel m3903 phone) the set rings, I answer and the call connects but no audio passes either way until I press a key (any key that generates a tone) on the SIP phone.

The odd thing is if I call a dn on the nortel that has an auto attendant recording then I can hear the audio but if I call a dn on the nortel that goes to voicemail then again the audio won't come through until I press a key on the SIP phone on the asterisk side.

If I call Nortel to Asterisk - no problems. If I call Asterisk through Nortel through PRI to outside world - no problems. Outside through PRI thru Nortel to Asterisk - no problems. All permutations of calls work except asterisk to a regular nortel phone set then no audio/voice until I press a key to generate a tone.

Any thoughts where to start?

Thanks!
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back