Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asterisk to CS1000E via TMDI PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyHardy

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2008
US
Hey guys, I've got this thread over in the Nortel area since I "think" this is a Nortel programming issue, but thought I'd cross post over here. Anyone have any pointers?

I'm using NI2 and can call Nortel->Asterisk fine, but not Nortel->Asterisk. The thread in the Nortel forum has the debugs on the pri span and dchannel messages from the Nortel. It looks like the Nortel is just refusing the call, but my Nortel techs are stumped.

What do you have in your zapata.conf and zaptel.conf files?

I'm using dahdi (2.1.0.4) on asterisk 1.6.1.1.

System.conf has:
# Span 1: WCT1/0 "Wildcard TE122 Card 0" B8ZS/ESF RED
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
# termtype: te
bchan=1-23
dchan=24
echocanceller=mg2,1-23

chan_dahdi.conf has:
[trunkgroups]
trunkgroup => 1,24
spanmap => 1,1,1

[channels]
group => 63
context => from-pstn
resetinterval => never
;nsf => megacom
switchtype => national
signalling => pri_net
pridialplan => local
;prilocaldialplan => national
channel => 1-23

The calls route properly, but the Nortel just disco's the incoming calls from Asterisk. I have a couple of suggestions over in the Nortel forum I'm going to try (fingers crossed)

Just FYI, I got this completely functional. See the thread I linked above. On the Nortel side, I also had to change the RDB to VOD (from VCE), but that was recorded in a different thread, so I'm posting here to make sure you can get everything if anyone ever looks for this stuff.

AnthonyHardy how are you setup on the Nortel side, I'm attempting to do the same thing but what I have is a Nortel 51 pushing the calls to a Nortel 81 via tie line and then from the 81 to the Asterisk via tie-line as well. But the calls quality at times is very poor. What can be done on the Nortel 51/81 side to clean it up?

BigPhoneDaddy,

The full nortel config is posted here:

Our call quality is good, but we had some intermittent issues with the PRI "going down" on the nortel side but showing up on the asterisk side (calls not working either way). I have a temporary fix in place that uses call-files in the * box that dials a nortel extension once per minute and will restart the * box to get connectivity restored. SO far, since I've started monitoring, the script hasn't needed to execute a reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back