Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asterisk to Avaya IP Office h323

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jctsphone

Vendor
Mar 2, 2005
US
hello all, I have read tons of pages on setting up asterisk to work with the Avaya IP Office through a h323 trunk. I have set this up but can call out of asterisk anywhere I want to extensions on the avaya side, and even out the PRI. Now if I call from the IPO to asterisk I show the call being sent through the h323 trunk but it displays unobtainable on the phone? If I look at the logs there is nothing, and if I use h323 debug nothing ever seems to be coming up? Can someone help me figure this out?

Do you see anything on the Asterisk side? Telnet into Asterisk. At the prompt, asterisk -rvvvvv (the move v's the move verbose). This should get you to a CLI> prompt. Make your call from IPO again and see if there is any communication coming from IPO to Asterisk.
Have you created the inbound route in Asterisk? You can create a quick "catch-all" and send it to an extension for testing.

I have created inbound routes, from the IPO to asterisk, I can call from asterisk to the IPO, just not the other way....I know about the asterisk cli(I am using asterisk, not freepbx) I have checked with verbose 99 and I never see anything hit asterisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back