Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asterisk + Polycom SoundPoint IP550: more than 4 person in a conf-call

Status
Not open for further replies.

kim8888

Technical User
May 19, 2010
US
hello everyone!

we are using polycom soundpoint ip550 and asterisk 1.6 pbx.
if we call one person, then press the softkey "conference", dial a second person, and then hit "conference" again, it initiates a 3-way call, and the "conference" option is no longer available. it looks like there is no way to add a 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, etc... person in the conference call.

the polycom "productivity license" allows to have conference call up to 4 people, but we want to be able to do up to at least 10.

i have also found that you could use a meet-me conference, but this requires the usage of DTMF, and seems to be more suited when you use analog hand sets, connected to an FXS card on asterisk, because the SIP-phones assume you're trying to dial an extension numer when you start punching the phone keys while on a call, rather than sending it to asterisk, and also all your participants hear the DTMF tones which is not very elegant.

is there any way to have up to 10-way conference call on our setup, using a simple way to add calees ?

thanks in advance for your help !

I have never had more than 3 in a station based conference. Will try today. The meet me conferencing works great however. We have had as many as 6 people in the conference. Assign a PIN to the conference, point a telephone number toward the service and it just works. We have never had difficulties hearing DTMF tones during the conference.

We use Trixbox in our office and use a mixture of Mitel and Aastra SIP phones. I can only do a three way conference on these phones as well

You would have to use the Meet-me conf function.
It work great and is specifically designed to do what you want to do.

You have all users call into a conference bridge, and you can all talk...

I use this a lot for other PBX's that do not include a Conf bridge.
i.e. 3com NBX with a SIP trunk to asterisk. All callers call in on the PRI connected to the NBX, the Dialplan routes the calls to the Astersik PBX Meet-Me Conf bridge where they input the conf # and password.

All users then can talk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back