Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asterisk LDAP Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

nijing108

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2007
US
I have been looking for a way to have Asterisk authenticate against a directory service. Initially, I had looked into using RADIUS with LDAP, which was outlined here:
I did happen to find another thread stating that Asterisk 1.4 has support for LDAP using the OpenLDAP API ( ).

Essentially, I have remote phone users whom I want to authenticate through Active Directory. I'm wondering if anyone has successfully implemented this, and how it was done.

So you have a list of users in LDAP and you want to enter their names in the sip phones that way when they try to logon with their phone asterisk will look at the ldap server to see if they have permission to log on to the asterisk server, then make calls? This may sound dumb but will they have extensions then? or will they be known by their names on the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back