Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asterisk Issue with Nortel Phones & unistim.conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordluis2000

Technical User
Oct 3, 2014
MX
Hi,

I have been trying to set some Nortel phone i2001 over Asterisk Server. Finally I could set one of this.

1. Create the extension custom type and string dial using “UTSM/133@133” where 134 is my extension number
2. After I added to unistim.conf file:
[133] ; name of the device, preferably the same as the extension number
device=00159be40591 ; mac address of the phone
country=no ; country (ccTLD) for dial tone frequency. See README, default = us
extension=line ; To register for extension. This is needed IN ADDITION to a dialplan entry
context=from-internal ; freePBX uses this for internally originated calls.
maintext0="Test 01" ; default = "Welcome", 24 characters max
callerid="Test01" <133> ; Set a sane CID-display
titledefault="Ext # 133" ; default = "TimeZone (your time zone)". 12 characters max
timeformat=2 ; 0 = 0:00am ; 1 (default) = 0h00, 2 = 0:00
line=>133 ; Device and extension number. Only one line by device is currently supported.
; Beware ! only bookmark and softkey entries are allowed after line=>
bookmark=2@Logout@8001** ; I use the keys above the Line key for logging in and out
bookmark=1@Login@8001* ; of my primary Queue...

This extension works good but when I tried the next phone using 134 extension, the phone connect to the server, it can receive call and do it too but I cannot hear anything
So I ran a sniffer in order to get any differences and I placed a call from a computer with a softphone (SIP) and WireShark. I got the packages. I saw that with the phone who works, the Server and softphone send and receive RTP packages (both directions) and the other case (not working phone) just softphone send RTP packages but Server never answer

Someone knows what is it wrong?

UCx does not use the chan_unistim module. If nobody replies on the Asterisk forum, you could contact the maintainer of that Asterisk module (Igor Goncharovsky).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back