Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asterisk FreePBX on Azure

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaRed

Programmer
May 18, 2021
US
Hi, I was trying to install Asterisk FreePBX on Azure and got everything going to my understanding. One issue I am having is connecting soft client (zoipher) to an extension. Logged in with extention@ipaddress and the secret password but will not connect. Not sure if it is because I am having this deployed in Azure and I need a inbound/outbound rule enabled. Anyone have experience with this and know how to resolve?

Try using Yate Client which is another softphone. It has a built in debugger that will help you see what messages might be happening on the client PC side.

In the FreePBX side watch the Asterisk log files as you try to connect.

Myself I use Incredible PBX which is asterisk and freepbx in Ward Mundy's and teams deployment.

They have a deployment for Windows 11 which might contain information that could help you.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

So I found out the issue, I had to enable a inbound port rule for 5060 on the Azure Network Rules for the VM. I am able to call between extensions fine but for some reason only hear audio if after i pick up I place the call on hold, then un-hold and speak? has anyone seen that before? Using Zoiper

You probably need a rule for the RTP stream as well. Ports 10,000 to 20,000

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

@DoubleDriveLine you rock, opening those ports was able to allow RTP traffic to work and I hear audio without having to first go on hold thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back