Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asterisk: Free SIP PBX 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPJETS

IS-IT--Management
Apr 1, 2003
US
Take a look at the Open source project, asterisk.
I recently had the project of researching a new phone system, to do call monitoring and recording in a small call center, and mid-sized company environment.

After some testing and playing, we decided it will more then fit our needs. It has voicemail built in, as well as advanced AGI call processing/routing (some of our resident web geeks wrote some call processing in PHP.)

It actually is very simple, and I am using it for thirty phones at this point.

I visited a company local to salt lake that uses asterisk for about 20 voice t1's in an outbound call center.

The code is open source, it's easy to use and configure, and best of all, it's free. Take a look, join the IRC channel, and let me know what you think.

Brian McManus
CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, Spanlink: IPCC

tek at mynetworkplaces period com

FYI the 30 phones I am using are Cisco 7960's so I still leverage the nice XML services option, and features like auto-answer the line to make "Intercom" paging groups, etc.

Brian McManus
CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, Spanlink: IPCC

tek at mynetworkplaces period com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back