Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

asterisk for conferencing with Avaya VOIP agents working from home

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalisa173

Technical User
Sep 6, 2006
US
Has anyone used asterisk for conferencing with Avaya VOIP agents working from home ? Can both systems run at the same time on a user PC ?

Lisa

So, you're trying to run Asterisk and a softphone on the users' PC? Or the home users are calling from an Avaya softphone into an * server that is doing conferencing? Can you provide some more detail?

Please help - Firewall burnt down - packet lost - Reward $$$

We are still working out the details. We just had someone build the Asterisk system.. WOuld like to know what would work best. Our IP agents using Avaya would be having Kick off meeting a " conferance call " is need for this every morning. We do not have Meet me since we are a G3R running IP over medpro boards. ANy recommendations ?
thanks lisa

Ok, well Asterisk comes with a meet-me function out of the box. You will still have to sort out all the details of PSTN connectivity, but once the box it up and you have some trunks working, meet-me is easy to configure:

Another route for conferencing on asterisk is a2billing. A2billing is a package that provides calling-card type conference access, so it's more advanced in features and more difficult to configure by hand.

A2billing comes pre-configured with Trixbox. Trixbox is very cool, so you should check it out if you haven't yet:

Also take a look at nerd vittles, as they have lots of great info on asterisk and trixbox:

Please help - Firewall burnt down - packet lost - Reward $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back