Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asterisk as an ITSP Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khosher

Technical User
Dec 4, 2005
IE
Hi All,

Looking for some advice here and let me start by stating I have no experience with Asterissk at all. I come from a Nortel, Avaya and Siemens background. I work for a company installing and maintaining the above systems and the business has made a decision to move into the ITSP market to provide services to our clients.

Our aim is to supply both H323 and SIP trunks to client systems and also to provide a hosted solution for small offices (sub 5 extensions) using polycom handsets and voicemail services.

We have looked at solutions from providers but they are kinda cost prohibitive at present. We will be purchasing a billing platform, but I have been tasked with looking into implementing the call server using Asterisk to try to keep costs down.

My questions are;
1. Are any of you guys using asterisk in this way ?
2. Is it fit for purpose ?
3. Where would you recommend it ?
4. Where would you sugget I start with this project ?

All or any input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

I would look at Thirdlane. They offer a multi-tenant solution that has been around found a couple of years. I have seen the demo and played with it, but have not put it into production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back