Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Asterisk 9 to Avaya CM 6.3 h.323 Trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2013
US
Hello all,
I am new to asterisk to go easy :)

I am trying to create a trunk between our asterisk box and our avaya Cm 6.3

Avaya System is CM 6.3
ASterisk is
OS Version:
Linux AscomAA60 2.6.18-194.el5 #1 SMP Fri Apr 2 14:58:35 EDT 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Asterisk Build:
Asterisk/C.3.7.2
Asterisk GUI-version : 2.0.6.3

So far I am able to have sip to sip devices talk and call each other using sip. In avaya I created a trunk group and a signaling group and both are giving me the Up status when I do status trunk or status signaling group.

( I have not added the dial plan or ARS routes for calls from avaya to asterisk, I just want to get asterisk to call avaya for now)
I am trying to dial a test extension from asterisk extension 4601 to avaya extension 2710
i get this error
pbx.c: No application 'Dial ' for extension (default, 2710, 1)

Any suggestions? I think it has something to do with extensions.conf but I am not sure.

Got this working a couple of years ago with Definity and Trixbox. Customer added a temporary Sales ACD group. using Asterisk was a quick way to add the agents and queuing required. Ultimately I ended up connecting the two boxes with a PRI, while more expensive, it performed best. As I recall, I could not get the incoming callerid from the Definity to transfer over the H323 to Trixbox agents, but the PRI connection did this properly.

Again, this was probably 7 years ago and much has changed. At the same time, cost of PRI hardware has also come way down, so balancing your time against a quick T1 connection with T1 cross over,,,the choice is up to you.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back