Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assistance with finding duplicates in SQ 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcujackson

Technical User
Apr 7, 2009
US
I have the following code. THe first creates a table called Make_Batches. The second is an attempt to find duplicate batches if the batch number repeats itself. THe problem is since I chose the count of the giftid in the first table, it is not a true field so the dupicate code will not accept. When I run the second query I get the error message, invalid column name giftId. WHy am I getting that message and what is the solution

------------
/*Table name is Make_Batches*/
SELECT COUNT(giftid) AS CountOfID
,giftbatch,giftclass1,gifteffdat,gifttype
FROM
gifts
WHERE (gifttype = 'y' OR
gifttype = 'g' OR
gifttype = 'b')
AND (gifteffdat >= '2008-01-01 00:00:00')
--and giftbatch = '2530'
GROUP BY giftbatch,giftclass1,
gifteffdat, gifttype

-------------------- Find duplicate batches
SELECT * FROM
Make_Batches inner join batch_number
on giftbatch = table_val
--As Tmp
GROUP BY giftbatch,giftid
HAVING Count(*)>1

I don't follow your SQL, but if this is being used with Crystal you also don't need more than the first selection. Group the records by batch number, and also do a summary count. Use Group Selection to suppress any group with a count of one. What shows will be the duplicates.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 10 & 11.5 with Windows XP [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back