Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assistance using FDN (need to fwd externally)

Status
Not open for further replies.

f0rmat

IS-IT--Management
Jun 2, 2004
US
So, I've read 20 or so posts, and think I have a good idea of what I need to do, but I want to just verify and not assume anything going into this.
System is Meridian 11
Phone is a 2008

I have a user(TN 23 0 0 7) that wants to set his FDN(which I believe is what takes care of fwding the call when someone doesn't pick up) to his cell phone. I am assuming that if I set his FDN to his cell phone(rather than 4004 which is voicemail) than theorhetically, he'd never get voicemails on his meridian voicemail anymore, and only his cell phone, alternatively, when Dublin calls him at 3am our time, his cell phone will ring, unless it's shut off, and there'd be no way for him to turn it off by will(that's what CFW is for) Also, I wanted to make sure that if I edited the FDN it wouldn't reflect onto other TN's(prior to this I've only edited CLS).

My assumption would be to do the following(same steps as doing a cls change(like changing cfxd to a)..

ld 20
chg
23 0 0 7
FDN 15554443333 (his cell)

Any advice people can give to me would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
-Derek

I don't think you can FDN to a cell phone, you can however FDN to a phantom set that is call forwarded to the cell.

So what I'd have to do is set up another voicemail extension, that my user will never ever use, and have that always forwarding to his cell phone, and set his original extenion to FDN to that. Would that end up making it take 8 or 9 rings before his cell rings? I believe currently if I put call forwarding on my phone, it takes a few rings before my cell phone actually rings, so I'm just imagining that doubled as a result of the 3 way fwding that would be going on.

No. A phantom set will forward to the cell phone on the first ring. (you have to realize the ring to the cellphone isn't instant as it rely's on the cell provider to make that call) it does not cost you a tn to use, and there is no physical phone, it is designed for purposes such as this.

Are there any posts that you know of that describe how to use Phantom Sets? (btw feel free to tell me to search myself) as I will after this post anyways :) I just figured i'd ask. Also, going back to my first post, the FDN value on TN 23 7 is specific to that TN, it won't change the FDN of all TN's will it?
And is the following the correct set of steps to take?
d 20
chg
23 0 0 7
FDN 8865 (my made up phantom DN) - I assume I will have to use an existing DN number in my pool(which isn't a concern, I have close to 700 free.)

DES PHTM
TN 152 0 00 01 PHANTOM
TYPE 500
CDEN 4D
CUST 0
WRLS NO
DN 6828 0 MARP
AST NO
IAPG 0
HUNT
TGAR 8
LDN NO
NCOS 5
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
XLST
SCI 0
CLS UNR DTN FBD XFA WTA THFD FND HTD ONS
LPR XRD AGRD CWD SWD MWD RMMD SMWD LPD XHD SLKD CCSD LND TVD
CFTD SFD MRD C6D CNID CLBD AUTU
ICDD CDMD LLCN EHTD MCTD
GPUD DPUD CFXD ARHD OVDD AGTD CLTD LDTD ASCD
MBXD CPFA CPTA DDGA NAMA MIND
MCRD
EXR0 SHL ABDD CFHD DNDY DNO3
CWND USMD USRD BNRD OCBD RTDD RBDD RBHD FAXD CNUD CNAD PGND FTTC
PLEV 02
AACS NO
MLWU_LANG 0
FTR DCFW 4 3421 (make this your cell number as dcfw 12 912025551212)
DATE 2 APR 2002

the FDN is specific to the tn, it doesnt affect anything else.

I forgot, you need to add CLS CFXA also.

You do not have to use a DID number for the phantom, it can be a 5 digit number if you wanted.

No, it will not change all the sets. The TN is specific to one set only.

Follow John's instructions and you should be fine. However, if this is your first time allowing external call forwarding from your switch, you may need to ensure you see CFF in the OPT prompt of you CDB in LD 15.

CDB - RDR_DATA
OPT = CFF CFRA PVCD CWRA

I'm not clear what your tring to do.

1. Do you want all calls to go to the cell phone all the time?

2. Do you want all calls to go to the cell phone only if the user doesn't answer there office phone?

3. Do you want all calls to go to the cell phone only if the user is busy on the phone? ( I don't think you want this one but it can be done)

you can fdn external, the cdb option cff needs to be turned on.. any change has after the tn prompt normally effects just that tn..

i would offer to add a cfw 21 key and let the phone goto mail unless the user doesn't want mail.. a cfw key allows the user control of the forward target and times

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

it would be easier to have the user use the Callforward button on his phone and let him be responsible for entering the number.

it would be easier to have the user use the Callforward button on his phone and let him be responsible for entering the number."

I know it would be easier. He already has that capability. What he wants to do is..
2. Do you want all calls to go to the cell phone only if the user doesn't answer there office phone?

Reason being is he wants only 1 voicemail and to not have to worry about turing on CFW.

to do # 2, there are 2 ways to do this . build an ACD with NCFW to the cell phone or build a phanton set and (DCFW)Forward it to the cell number. CLS CFXA May also need to change CDB OPT CFO to CFF

You could use the operator assistant, revert dn, that way the caller can decide what to do. Also the number can be changed on the fly, and once it's set you don't need to turn anything on or off.

question ace, with cff and a maxp 1 acd, what set controls ncos with a call from an external source..

the acd is the forwarding control, no ncos.. so does it fall back to the inbound trunk.. if so, your inbound trunk still needs to have an ncos high enough to make the call, so cfo does the same thing as cff.. sort of a quandry

i seldom use phantoms, but for cfxa control i do and cff..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I never really though about that John. All my trunks are an NCOS 0 and I setup an ACD to forward to a cell phone and it wouldn't work until I changed CFO to CFF. Go figure.
It's probally something simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back