Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assistance in identifying machine on TTY ports 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbixtelecom

Technical User
Jun 21, 2005
US
I need assistnace in identifying the following ports. I'm taking a guess on a few of them

TTY #05 LOGGED IN 01:17 4/4/2006
>ld 37
IOD000
.stat tty
TTY 0 : ENBL DES: SYSMON
TTY 1 : ENBL DES: TERMINAL(I assume it's dummy terminal)
TTY 2 : ENBL DES: CORE
TTY 3 : ENBL DES: COREMODEM(modem we use to access PBX)
TTY 4 : ENBL DES: CDR(call detail recorder)
TTY 5 : ENBL DES: seb

could TTY0 be some sort of monitoring device that our NOC uses to monitor the PBX when it goes down?

TTY5 seb ????

Also, are there only 5 TTY ports availiable on the PBX? Can there be more added?

Thanks,

TTY 0 is the system monitor used by the PBX to monitor itself and give you messages.
TTY 2 / 3 goes direct to each core. Your monitor should go to an A/B box so you can use one monitor for two cores.
There are a total of 16 devices (ports) for tty's. One being used by the system monitor, 2 being used by the core's. 4/5 being used for other purposes. Therefore you have 10 tty devices(ports) available for use. Mindful, if you have MSDL's then port 0 can be used for ttys and the other 3 ports for other uses for up to 64 ports

yes that is the system monitor.. you can stat it but i don't remember the prompt, ld 48 stat xsm? it can't be used for anything else.. and yes you can add paddle boards for more posts.. a paddle board has 4 ports.. tty 1 was built as the old dumb term in the switch room at one time, it's the one i use for my pc in the switchroom.. if you print adan in load 22, you will see all the tty's with the user's defined.. seb is site event buffer, just a modem that at one time called your maint provider if you have certain error codes... pri down ini etc. if your using the core modem for dialup, then you can only dial up when a single cpu is active.. a core modem would only work if that core was active... when you dial in, if you use a modem password, the 7 them 1, that's an seb dialup...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

TTY 0 : ENBL DES: SYSMON, your right, monitors temp and power to each col.
TTY 1 : ENBL DES: TERMINAL(I assume it's dummy terminal) at one time usually a dumb term or pc in the switchroom
one core tty (j25) for each cpu, only work when that side is active
TTY 4 : ENBL DES: CDR(call detail recorder)right

TTY 5 : ENBL DES: seb site event buffer, modem with inbound password then option 7 the option 1.. was at one time used by a maint provider to call them when certain errors are generated (pri down ini etc)

and yes you can add paddle boards, each one good for 4 tty's

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

TTY 0 : ENBL DES: SYSMON, your right, monitors temp and power to each col.
TTY 1 : ENBL DES: TERMINAL(I assume it's dummy terminal) at one time usually a dumb term or pc in the switchroom
one core tty (j25) for each cpu, only work when that side is active
TTY 4 : ENBL DES: CDR(call detail recorder)right

TTY 5 : ENBL DES: seb site event buffer, modem with inbound password then option 7 the option 1.. was at one time used by a maint provider to call them when certain errors are generated (pri down ini etc)

and yes you can add paddle boards, each one good for 4 tty's

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Tedsobo and Johnpoole, thank you gentlemen for your assistance and quick response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back