Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assigning call log space on a t7316e 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Pegg

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2019
US
I just started a new IT job, replacing the one and only IT person at this site. I've primarily dealt with basic POTS lines and various VOIP systems, this thing is out of my realm of experience. A user mentioned they never get a notification on missed calls and after digging I realized it's because they have no call space assigned to them. Other users definitely do have this feature enabled.
Signs have pointed to it being in one of the F** menus, but I haven't found it. I've tried all the menu options listed by Firebird Scrambler in this FAQ the only one that prompts me for a password is F**SYSTEM
I have access to the nortel callpilot software as well if that helps at all
Anyone familiar with where I need to go?

Which Norstar system and which software version? they are many flavours.

You need to assign a Log from the Pool and depending on software depends on how much is in the pool.
Try under Sets/XXX/Telco Features

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I think I found what's supposed to lead me to the version info, but I can't match it with what's in the FAQs.
I had to log into F**SYSTEM with the password SCPLUS instead of ADMIN to get here, but I found Maintenance, System Version
I found SP: 30DiH23 NAT

after using the SCPLUS password I was given the option to assign log slots, it wasn't there when i used ADMIN. I found out there's 0 pool remaining, our front desk had 20 slots, and she never even uses the feature, so I poached 10 from her and gave it to the other user. Tested it out, and it worked!

Thanks so much, there was just so much to the menu tree that I was getting lost in it, knowing where to look let me know I was probably missing access which made me dig up another password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back