Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assigning Autodial buttons on CAP module 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

norstarboston

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2002
US
How do I assign 4 digit internal extensions to buttons on the add on modules? Is it a simple feature code? I just need the ability to quickly transfer incoming calls to these extensions.

This forum is great. Thanks much!

Howdy,
Feature *2
The screen will display
"Internl Autodial"
and then
"Press a Button"
Press whichever button you would like to program
and then
the screen will display
"Intercom #:____"
Just enter the extension number and the screen will display
"Programmed"

Voila!!!

GatorDave

Thanks but it only allows 3 digits. We use 4 digit extensions (ex. 2345)

Any ideas?

TIA!

Did you recently install the CAP module? It should automatically track your extension digit length. If you press the last two buttons on columns 1 and 4 at the same time it will reset it. It takes a moment for it to start the reset so just press those 4 buttons at the same time and hold them down until you see the arrows begin to light up then release.

This will reset the CAP. The extension numbers are automatically assigned to the CAP beginning at the top left hand side (the first one will be blank). If you do a Feature * 0 and press the buttons it will show you which extension number is programmed for the button. MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

It actually does work on the cap.. On my personal set (m7310) it will not. At any rate you gave me the info I needed to do the task. Thanks much!

I have a similar problem. I am unable to program SOME of the buttons on the CAP module with 4-digit internal extension numbers. Most of the buttons will accept 4, but several will only accept 3. I have tried pressing the last two buttons on the 1st and 4th columns as described to reset the CAP, but it doesn't do anything. Does anyone know what else I can try?

If memory serves me :)
You need to press the top left, top right, botton left, bottom right keys simultaneously for a few seconds in order to reset a CAP.
This should erase all button programming on the CAP.
Also do a button inquiry (feature*0) to find out what is programmed to the keys that will not allow you to assign 4 digit autodial keys.

David Brillert

Unless you have really big hands..... ;-) Naw, it really is the bottom two on the first and last columns.

If it isn't letting you reset it and it won't program internal autodials with the same digit length, I am going to hazard a guess to say, it's probably bad.

Unplug your phone, unplug your CAP power supply as well. Leave it down for a 10- 15 count, then plug it all back in and see if a simple power cycle doesn't do it for you.

MRoberts

You do need big hands :)
There are two procedures.

Procedure 1 resets (coldstarts) INDIVIDUAL CAP installed on M7324:
Upon power up of the CAP press the bottom left and bottom right keys simultaneously.

Procedure 2 resets (coldstarts) ALL CAPS installed on M7324:
Upon power up of the CAP press the top left top right bottom left bottom right keys simultaneously.

A coldstart must be performed within the first 10 seconds of powerup to the CAP.

Release numbers of M series phones may effect the ability to coldstart a CAP depending on the KSU release.

David Brillert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back