Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assigning an extension number to an MFM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrentEaston

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2003
US
I installed an MFM card in an MLX-28D phone. Works well. But I discovered that the MFM card is treated as it's own extension. So, on that note.... how do I go about assigning an extension number to the MFM card, and how do I set it up to ring when the extension I put the MFM card rings?

Next, I have plugged in a single line cordless phone into the MFM card. The jumpers on the MFM card are set to T/R. So, I suppose that is how it should stay since it is a Tip/Ring device, correct?

Last... Is there some sort of "cheat-sheet" for how to put calls on hold, and pickup held calls from the cordless set? As well as pickup a ringing extension (like #9 + ext num).

Thanks for your help.

On a side note... I would like to use Win SPM to program it.

Thanks.

mfm are renumber under adjuncts & program as extensions

As cvrbob stated:

In default 2 digit mode, exten 10's mfm is 710.

In 3 didig, 100 's is 300.

And in set up space, 7100 is 7300.

A print of the extension directory will be most enlightening.

Hi BrentEaston,

A good place to start is with a set of manuals. An MFM station has very limited feature capability compared w/ a single line port(T/R) on a 012, 016, or 008OPS module. The Features document explains MFM limitations. You can download manuals from Avaya's site. They have all issues if you want to make a set of them.

Hope this helps!

....JIM....

The MAIN LIMITATION that people sadly discover once they have a T&R Device connected to it is that it WILL NOT RECOGNIZE A SWITCH HOOK FLASH, thus no CONFERENCE FROM or TRANSFER FROM ability!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back