Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assign Values to Parameters Using Crystal 9 RAS, asp

Status
Not open for further replies.

doyledirk

MIS
Apr 3, 2003
GB
How can I assign Values to the parameters being passed to the report. It was done in 8.5 using :

Session("oRpt").ParameterFields.GetItemByName("LocalXRate").AddCurrentValue(cstr(strXRate))

but now it seems that parameters are passed in a specific order. My problem is that I have to pass up to 100 parameters to each report which are then displayed as labels within the report (to cater for multiple languages).

Maintenance has become a nightmare !!!!!!!!!
I'm sure many of you are in the same position
doyledirk.

I use the following command:

CrxReport.ParameterFields(ReportParamcount).AddCurrentValue (item1)

Of course the trick here is knowing what parameter number (sequentially) your specified parameter is. There are many ways to determine which parameter is in which order.

In this example ReportParamcount (an integer) was used and specified what parameter (sequential number) I was looking at.

Would it be possible to send me some sample code. I have over 100 parameters being passed and if this is done sequentially, maintenance becomes a problem. If one parameter needs to be changed then the order on the asp and the report need to be the same.

The reason I have so many parameters is that the labels on the report have to cater for multiple languages. If there is another way around this I'd be happy to hear it...
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back