Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assign particular drives to jobs or groups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbradleyharris

Programmer
Sep 29, 2001
US
We are using Arcserve 12.5 and just replaced our 60 slot, 4 drive AIT-3 library with a 4 drive, 44 slot LTO4 library. Is there any way that I can either assign jobs to particular drives or associate particular drives with slot groups? I would like to minimize tape use by keeping the jobs from wantonly grabbing every available drive while still making use of all the drives so the backups complete as quickly as possible. Right now I'm off-lining two drives for my daily backups and only turning them on for the weekly/monthlys. The Monday I came in and discovered that only half my backups were done because I had forgotten to on-line the second pair of drives Friday evening is something I would like to avoid having happen again, too.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hello,

In the device configuration you could work with groups. I.e you assign a drive with X slots to do your daily backups and then you assign another drive with X slots to do you weekly/monthly backups.
Once that is complete you assign your jobs to the daily/weekly/monthly device groups.
Start the device group configuration wizard under the administration section. It's pretty straight forward.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,
GSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back