Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assign lines to analog phone IP500v2 Key Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaUser74

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2006
US
Anyone know how to assign POTS lines to key mode analog phones? This is NOT a Partner ETR system card. Just a BASIC mode IP Office set to Key system with a combo card.

Thanks!
Mark

In other words, I want to be able to answer any of our POTS lines on the analog phone. We have 4 POTS lines.

you want to program a line apparence on a analog phone ?

Well, kind of. I just need to be able to answer the calls that come into the system on the analog phone as well as the digital phones that have Lines programmed on them.

you need an ETR port to route calls to an analog device in "Basic" Mode.

Basic mode sucks, analogue lines on an IP Office suck, add the two together and it isn't going to be good news :)

"No problem monkey socks

What is an ETR port? I just have this: COMBO6210/ATM V2

AvayaUser74, you would have to have the partner load on ipoffice to have a etr card, you have a combo card.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Ok. So then I need to get a bunch of new stuff.. Bummer. Just to be clear, I need Partner mode?? ETR card? Anything else?

Ok. Thanks for all the help guys... I am thinking Essential edition going forward.

Indeed, basic mode is just a deliberately crippled system in order to justify an extra licence fee for using IP Office in the way it has always worked :)

"No problem monkey socks

Basic mode is ok for small sysstems that want a "TRUE KEY SYSTEM". Asd long as you know what it can or can't do.

I have installed one basic edition once and the customer tested it and he was happy, the end of the next day he called me "How expensive is a essential license, he asked." he didn't sound that happy anymore. I upgraded the system the next day. No more basic editions for us, period.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Usually the basic systems we put in are replacing the Partner ACS's . We typically don't have issues with them as long as its planned correctly. I learned the call to an analog device the hard way. Most of those sites do not have networks for remote access, so the Basic/Partner system works for them. You can still do the basic feature code programming.

Coverage Destination: Default = None. System Mode = Key System
This option sets where incoming calls should alert in addition to alerting on those extension that have a line appearance button programmed for the line.

This is on the 'Update Trunk Configuration' page page. If you have more than one analog phone you can send it to a hunt group. Works well for fax machines.

A genius doesn't solve problems, he prevents them~~!!~~

Don't hold back amriddle01 tell us how you really feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back