Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assign auto attendant files 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobHLiton

IS-IT--Management
Aug 18, 2021
US
Hello friends,

Today's challenge is to assign the WAV files I uploaded to DISA Message to the auto attendant to replace existing custom recordings. Or do it some other way!

I followed these instructions for uploading them to DISA Message section.

Then I'm trying to follow these instructions but I'm totally lost as these instructions are doing much more than I need.

I believe if I could just find where the existing records are i could replace them. But I don't see any recordings in DISA message so I'm wondering if previous admin uploaded and assigned them some other way (they, too, were professionally recorded and uploaded, i.e. not recorded on a handset).

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

You can see I have them setup as follows under DIS Message

disa_message2_e6ys1h.png

So it seems the reason there are no recordings in the DISA is because they do not have an option DSP card(?)

I found under Custom Service the menus, etc. But could not figure out how to upload the file. I took a chance by clicking on "Record a Prompt For This Custom Service", and lo and behold, there is the option to upload the file.

Of course now it says the WAV file is the wrong format so I'll fix that.

More later...

Two ways to do this.

You can have the system dial an extension, and you can do the recording right from the phone. It's under the same pop up when you click record a prompt for this custom service. Super easy, however you don't have a copy of the recording for later use if needed. I use this is cases where I'm on a site, and the recordings are already in someone's voice other than someone my company would use, and said voice is at the office. It calls their extension, you hit record, they do their spiel, then you hit stop when they're done.

Otherwise, if you want to record a file and keep it on your server/computer/wherever to re-upload at a later time, I always record the audio in a program, Audacity in my case, then export it as a .wav file.

Then I head over to this website

Panasonic is picky about it's file types. This website can take uploaded files and convert them, and one of their options is is u-law WAV(The top radial button).

Select that, upload your saved file, and then it will convert it and redirect you to a new page with a download link.

Now, you'd think that's that. HOWEVER, Panasonic likes to be even pickier. It will not like the file name, for whatever reason(I think it has to do with the length of the name, can't be more than 20 characters). So I just delete the number string after the original file name.

Hope this helps

If you uploaded message according to the first video, you can check the recorded message by dialling *36+2+[Floating OGM No]. Did you do that?

Remember that you can do that only using digital or IP PT with the manager rights enabled in COS.

I hope this thread helps someone else!

How to replace Auto Attendant WAV files on Panasonic NS700 without DSP option

Files will need to be 8-bit and ulaw format. You can use free Audacity to do this
Audacity_panasonic_wav_format_igc9m8.png

To upload the files

Panasonic_Upload_WAV_file_pmnak7.png

Hi, Ired, Yes, I did, and it tested OK. But it seems I do not have DSP so cannot use this feature. I had to upload through Custom Service and seems to be working as desired so we're good.

What stumped me is the "Record" button which reveals the Upload option(!)

Thanks again for the reply.

Don't mix DISA Message and Custom Service - this is absolutely different things.

Outgoing Message (OGM) that you have uploaded by the method preseneted in the first video can be used for DISA function, or for Queuig Time Table.

Custom Service message can be used only with Unified Message (UM) system - the powerful tool for voicemail features.

If your task is to make some greeting for incoming call, OGM (DISA) is completely enough for that.

First of all try to record OGM by using digital phone (*36+1+[Floating OGM No]). Then check your record (*36+2+[Floating OGM No]). Then set recorded OGM No as destination for incoming calls.

Hi again and thanks again!

They have more than just one message and several menus in the Custom Service on one sheet. I was able to replace the wav files using this panel and they are working great. However they want to add hours and open days.

I started configuring this, as shown below - the three items within the red box. I'm just not sure how to activate them. I think the call flow must somewhere have a decision control like we had on Avaya IP Office v3 (way back when!).

Note: Before I discovered custom service was already in use I had already uploaded the wave fles to DISA and they all pass the test of *36 etc, but I don't think they are being used. See previous post, they start with 550.

Panasonic_custom_service_cleaned_rsfimz.png

OK, I figured it out. Here is the latest. And to make this work I had to go to UM trunk and point it to custom service 6. Put that together from several examples I found but with much different goals!

I hope this helps someone!

Panasonic_custom_service_cleaned2_wi3lcm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back