Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assembly Trust for Windows User Control hosted in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

FurqanAhmed

Programmer
Oct 1, 2001
PK
Hi,

I've developed a Dot Net Windows User Control. I'm hosting this control in Internet Explorer. When ever you host a .net Control (or an assembly) you need to give it permissions so that it can run smoothly.

Uptil now I've been using Dot Net Framework Wizard (Control Panel -> Admin Tools -> .Net Framework Wizard). But the problem is that I can't go to each and every workstations and set permissions manually, because most of the users connect through VPN and are geographically distributed. All users are novice so I don't expect them to do it on their own. So I need to write a program that cofigures settings on user machine and additionally give permission to my windows user control.

Any Ideas on how I can give/increase trust on an assembly through a program (written for this purpose only).

Furqan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back