Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Assembler on NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

codeman071193

Programmer
Dec 10, 2000
US
Hello, does any one know if it is possible to set the video mode in a DOS window when using on an NT PC. Int 10h does not seem to cut it (using A86). The process works great on Windows/NT

Thanks for any ideas

Rod

...it should have said ... process works great in Windows/98

Rod

Bert, thanks for the answer. And I do find the site very helpfull. It turns out that I was already using that interupt and it won't work on the NT PC I have at work. I have been told that the the NT Operating system will not allow me to "talk" directly to the video hardware. Have you ever heard of this?

Thanks!!!

Rod Casey

Oh the joy of being a programmer. Just to let you know I have figured out my problems. I am assuming that the driver NT uses to emulate a dos window has the video set to a default video. Because, what I failed to do was save the current video and restore it back after my program ended. So, on my Windows/98 when did not restore the mode I just lost the cursor. But, on my work Windows/NT system when I didn't restore the video mode the screen was really messed up. As it turns out using int 10h on vga or svga works just fine.

Thanks again,

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back