Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASP's hang up on production server - IIS 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webwench

Programmer
Aug 6, 2003
US
I just moved my site from NT4 IIS 4, to server 2000 with IIS 5. No code was intentially edited, but the ASP is failing. After alot of monitoring here's what I have:
Event Viewer shows perflib errors for MSSCNTRS and "Out-of-process application terminated unexpectantly" for an ASP application that is running at high protection (isolated).It uses ODBC to pull data from SQLserver. (The SQLserver is in another DMZ and uses an alias on a special port.) Yes, all connections are closed and set to nothing.)
IIS stops responding (the service is not stopped). If given time, the Web, FTP, & SMTP services stop and restart themselves.
Performance monitor shows an odd pattern for "ASP requests queued". Within a few hours of reboot, ASP requests queued jumps from 0 to about 15, and stays there for many hours. Then it drops to 0 before or during the hangup.
What would hold open the ASP's in queue? Any advice is much appreciated.

Hi,

I know this is a stupid question, but do you have any anti virus software on the server?

Another Question, has this happened since the change to the new server or did it work ok for a while?

Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back