Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AspNetSqlMembershipProvider and Password Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadJock

Programmer
May 25, 2001
GB
Hi all,

I am currently developing an ASP.Net webforms application (C# 4.0) and making use of the AspNetSqlMembershipProvider functionality for my security (this URL demostrates what I am doing: This provides an easy way to manage users and secure pages.

ASP.Net comes with a PassworddRecovery control that will prompt a user to provide their username and answer a security question. It will then email the user with their new password.

Unfortunately, there is a rule at my company that says server based applications that send emails will be allowed on a 'per exe' basis and the firewall and anti-virus will be configured accordingly. So my question... what is the name of the executable that will send the email from the server? Is the tthe application pool, IIS, something else?

Thanks in advance for any help - more information available if required.

Graeme

"Just beacuse you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back