Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

aspnet_Users - How to load user information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjax64

IS-IT--Management
Apr 27, 2010
US
Hi, we want to maintain our users in sql server for our asp.net site and have run the the aspnet_regsql which created some tables in our sql server database. We can go through using vs 2008 and asp.net configuarion and add users manually which works fine. But, we maintain our own customer file on our sql server and would like to be able load the aspnet_Users table and any related tables needed from there if possible but need to know what fields and tables exactly need to be loaded. Thanks, Joe

Think I got it.

3 tables to worry about so far basic setup...

aspnet_users, aspnet_userprofiles, aspnet_membership

I needed to create group and first user using asp.net configuration then was able to play around and manually populate these tables from sql. We only have one security group and one application so by creating in asp.net config, it created these internal id's for application id and role id that it needs then I can load them as a I add users. I did change the password format from 1 to 0 in aspnet_membership so I didn't have have it follow and policy or encrypt it in anyway in the table and that seemed to work. We don't allow users to maintain their passwords or any personal information so it works ok for us. Maybe not the best way to handle but will make our maintaining this information a lot easier.

Hope it helps someone else!

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back