Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aspect Uniphi issues??

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtualCallCenter

Technical User
Apr 1, 2009
US
I recently worked for a company that uses Aspect Uniphi and softphone to connect with clients. I had an issue where calls would come though and it was dead air. Usually when a call comes in I would hear a beep. During this time there was not beep. However my manager reviewed the call with me and all you could hear is the client saying "Hello is anyone there" You couldn't hear anything I was saying. I tried to explain to her that I was talking but there was dead air so I noted the account. She basically said that I was lying and I hung up on the client, which caused me my job without her even looking into it further with IT. She said that Apect picks up everything and there was no attempt from me to greet the clients. What would cause Aspect to not connect correctly? I have tried to call HR and their IT department for answers but haven't been able to get anywhere. I was a virtual employee and their located in another state. I am thinking about getting legal advice if I am not able to get through to them. Please help

Sorry about your situation. With Uniphi once the voice path is established then it is established both way. While there could be system errors that could cause 1 way audio, this is rare and your local telecom guy would have known about it. My guess is your mute was on :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back