Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aspect UnifiedIP Custom Routing /CTI Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDoe1

IS-IT--Management
Dec 22, 2010
PK
Hello All,

Apologies for the long post but my request is a bit ASAP as I need to know some of the info for an urgent requirement.I would be highly thankful if anyone can provide answers or insight. So here we go:

We are currently running AspectCallCenter ACD Switch alongwith Aspect Contact Server 6.3 CTI and our own custom routing application inhouse.The custom routing application(built by us in .net) receives route requests from the Contact Server (that is connected to the ACD), whenever there is an incoming call (this is done via CallInformation (CIM /CTIM) event). Our application then sends the route recommendation to the Contact server via CIM response or via ConnectCall function providing the suitable agent id. Our application also receives agent state and call state events from the ContactServer.

We are now planning to develop the same custom routing application for the new Aspect Unified IP platform (both for versions 6.6, version 7 and also earlier versions) however we have figured out it isnt so easy in the Aspect Unified IP environment.We searched on the internet and found that the custom routing application can only be developed using Aspect UIP 7 with CTIPS API (CTI Portal Server API) that gives this provision. However this API will also only work for inbound calls and "Agent Only outbound calls" only. Moreover this API is only available in Aspect UIP 7 version which has so far not been released but may be released soon.

I would like to ask the following questions:

1. Is it possible to develop the custom routing application(running on a PC) for version 6.6 and earlier versions of Aspect UIP for both inbound and outbound calls? That would be possible if we could somehow receive route requests to our application running on a pc from the UIP,and we could reply back with a suitable agent and also if we could receive agent state and call state events in real time or on query.Is there any way to acheive this on Aspect UIP 6.6 or earlier versions of UIP? If yes using which APIS and components of the UIP?

2. Is there any other way to acheive custom routing on Aspect UIP 7 other than CTIPS api?

3. What is meant by Agent Outbound calls only? Because the CTIPS api says that the CTIPS supports inbound voice call handling and agent outbound calls only, and does not address outbound dial campaigns, chat, email, or workflow services

4. Isnt there any equivalent of the Contact Server for Aspect UIP 6.6 or earlier versions? (Version 7 we beleive has CTIPS)

I would be highly thankful if someone can provide answers to the questions above and provide us some insight since we are really stuck with a major task.

Things totally change in Unified IP. It is getting out of the business of having this server do one thing and another server do another. Pending requirements, the goal is to achieve your custom routing within the Unified IP platform. I believe there are also hooks for additional applications. Is the CTIPS API the only thing? I thought there were additional hooks. Outbound dial campaigns is another feature of Unified IP pending licensing.

The goal of Unified IP is to not have a bolt on CTI server as everyone is accustomed to. However, the Contact Server is very universal as long as the platform can connect to it. Since Aspect is trying to get away from it, I wouldn't be surprised if you can do everything in the Contact Server from within Unified IP somehow.

I too would be very surprised if Aspect supports and Contact Server funtionality in the UIP environment. What a pity...! From the little that I have been able to glean on UIP I do believe it will be possible to dictate routing within UIP but it all looked very untidy.

I have no knowledge of the UIP API(s) I'm afraid so cannot comment.

Regards, Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back