Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aspect UIP Code Mod 4 and Cod Mod 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLynn27

Technical User
Oct 28, 2009
US
We have been experiencing many issues with Aspect UIP for a year now. We are currently running on 6.5.1 while on Code Mod 3. We attempted to go live on the system in Jan 09, and the system crashed. We placed Code Mod 3 on at that time, per Aspect's recommendation, and attempted to go live again in May 09. System crashed again after 20 days. We have now placed many "hot fixes" on the system from Jan to present, and went live once again this month (Oct 09). This time we experienced many Lyricall transfer issues, and the driver crashed. We are back off the UIP system currently. Aspect has provided us options of putting more hotfixes onto our current code mod 3, going live again, and then move to Code Mod 5 in a few weeks. There was also an option of placing Code Mod 4 on the system. Is anyone out there currently on Code Mod 4 or looking to move to Code Mod 5 shortly? Just want to get good feedback for better decision making with our next steps.

Glynn,

Sorry to hear you are having these issues. I actually support a contact center running Unified IP 6.5.1 Code Mod 03. I definitely wouldn't say it is the most reliable ACD system I've ever worked on, but it normally doesn't crash. Is this issue you have that your IVR suddenly goes dead air? In that case, I may be able to help.

We reboot all the Windows servers once a month for M$ patches and restart the Unified IP app in the process which seems to help, as it does for some older ACDs you may be acquainted with. I'd be interested in learning what is making the UIP app crash (b/c it probably can happen to us too). How many agents are you running concurrently? Any inbound? Approximately how many servers do you use for this? Any virtual servers? (esp. Linux TA?)

As for your upcoming upgrade decision, we are actually planning to test our scripts & call flow on the latest version 6.6SP1 and migrate there rather than futzing with 6.5.1 anymore. This was per Aspect Software recommendation.

HTH,

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back