Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aspect UIP - Agents Events and Hook DLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

alischaudhry

IS-IT--Management
Feb 1, 2012
GB
Hi there,

We have a rather peculiar issue with our integration with Aspect UIP for which we have not been able to find a solution, as of yet. I'm hoping that Aspect experts on this forum can help me as I have not been able to receive a workable solution from Aspect Professional Services as of yet.

We have an OB calling environment configured on Aspect UIP and for some optimal match pairing between customer and agent, are utilising the Hook DLL feature to connect the call. Ergo, any standard call flow looks like:

1) OB Call dialed and upon receiving a connect, call the Hook DLL.
2) M3 script will call Hook DLL which will perform a DB lookup and pass the parameter to Aspect to connect the call to the preferred agent.
3) M3 script will connect the call to the preferred agent.

This all works very well but we need to prepare a statistical analysis to identify which calls were connected to the agent by the Aspect system as opposed to the ones by the Hook DLL preference. In order to achieve this, we have the M3 script pass the SEQUENCE NUMBER as a variable to the Hook DLL.

But when we query the Agent Events Register, we cannot find the SEQUENCE NUMBER. The only unique data element that is present is the CALL INDEX ID but this number is different than the one we see in HOOK DLL as we understand, Aspect generated ONE UNIQUE SEQUENCE NUMBER PER OB CALL made but generates three different CALL INDEX ID (One when call is dialed, one when HOOK DLL is invoked and one when the call is connected to the agent).

Sorry for details but I felt it was needed to explain what we were trying to accomplish.

Regards,
Ali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back