Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aspect to Avaya S8700 tie line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axelman

Vendor
Feb 17, 2002
AU
We are replacing an Aspect system in New Zealand with an S8700 and the client has asked if we could set up a temporary tie line during the transition period. The Aspect was previously connected to an Ericsson MD110 via QSIG so that is the protocol we would want to use (apparently the Aspect needs a new chipset for other protocols).
The client tells me that it took three weeks to get the tie to the MD working and a lot of tweaking on both sides was required at the time so any help you can give me is appreciated.

Has anyone ever done this before anywhere and if so, are there any notes re. setups available?

Thanks heaps in advance

If you haven't wiped out anything setting up the QSIG circuit should be pretty basic from the Aspect side. If my memory serves me write you just have to make sure the avaya is set to send messages to the physical address that you give to Aspect in System Administrator so that it can filter those messages out for anti-tromboning and such. I'll look around to see if I can find any docs for you.
The most important question would be:
Why would you replace an Aspect ACD with an Avaya? That's just gross :)

Thanks mate. We tried just connecting it up, using the same settings on the Aspect as was used to the QSIG tie with the Ericsson and it aint working.
If you have some notes, for either the Avaya or the Aspect side, I would be eternally grateful.

PS. I am a project manager for the integrator (who sells Avaya) so I am pretty unbiased as which one is better. Having said that, I think both systems have their strengths and weaknesses. For instance, the clients tells me that the Aspect cannot do skilled routing and the other selling point was that Avaya can do multimedia routing using IC.

But I have seen some of the reports that the Aspect puts out and they are RED HOT so I think Aspect is definitely stronger on that side and in a contact centre, most of the team leaders live and die by their ability to produce good reports.
If I had to buy a contact centre switch today, it would not be an easy choice.

WHAAT!?
They said that the Aspect can't do skilled routing? That is kind of what it is made to do. Just the inherent skill based routing (without the use of CTI) using Agent groups and supergroups is amazing compared to using Avaya's "ACD" package. You are right about the reports they are very nice in the Aspect and in addition to the historical reports the realtime reporting is amazing, none like it in the marketplace. The advantages of Avaya are the PBX feature set which the Aspect does not have on par. When it comes to call center apps Aspect is the winner hands down.

btw. I don't work for Aspect and never have, even though I sound like a sales engineer sometimes :)

I keep poking around for the qsig docs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back